If you are a fan of the RDQ Mach 2 VTX, you know what a great value this $25 VTX is. It’s durable, powerful, runs cool, and is easy to wire up. RDQ is now releasing the Mach 3 VTX as an updated version of the classic, which can now be powered directly with 6S lipo batteries and will run at 1000mw. The RDQ Mach 3 VTX should be available at RaceDayQuads.com in the coming weeks.
The Mach 3 pushes it up a notch and represents the latest and greatest the hobby has to offer in terms of Video Transmitters. Packed FULL with features, the Mach 3 improves over the Mach 2 by adding up to 1000mw power output and up to 6S direct power input to the VTX. The Mach 3 VTX is the same size as the Mach 2 VTX and has the same expansive feature set which has made this VTX so insanely popular. The Mach 3 is currently only available in MMCX version – the U.FL version is still under development. Let’s dive into the features of this innovative and affordable VTX below:
- 0/25/200/600/1000mw power options – race with your buddies or go LONG range!
- 2S-6S direct input
- Audio Control – Control the channel and power setting of the VTX using your radio and OSD (on-screen display)
- MMCX Connector for extreme durability
- On board microphone
- 100% USA Legal Channels – Keep the Feds off your back! Note, that to be compliant the VTX does not transmit on 5645, 5925 or 5945 (not regularly used channels anyways).
- 5v Output to power your camera – officially rated at 600ma, but typically can power more (like a Runcam Split)
- No plug – direct solder pads for exceptional durability and repair ease!
- LED display shows channel, band, and power
- Button allows easy change of channel, band, and power
- SMA Pigtail included
Control your VTX, and it’s settings, easily and quickly through your OSD and the Audio pad on the Mach 3. Select “Smart Audio” in the Betaflight configurator to enable.
Audio Control not your thing? Don’t worry – there’s still an easy to read LED and button to control the VTX!
Many are moving to MMCX because it is more durable than U.FL, as well as being easier to maintain and change out antennas. With U.FL, you have to be sure to secure the pigtail – either glue it, tape it, or find some other way. Otherwise, U.FL could easily pop off mid flight or during a crash. With MMCX, you simply snap in your antenna, and you are off to the races – literally! The downside to MMCX is it is more bulky than U.FL. For some builds this may be a problem – but for most it will not be.
With 0/25/200/600/1000mw power options, the Mach 3 Video Transmitter is perfect for any application. Whether it’s race day at MultiGP or ripping through a mountain range at long distance, the Mach 3 has the power option you require.
Direct Solder Pads
They are easy to setup, and easy to keep in the air! With pre-tinned solder pads, your VTX can be setup in mere seconds.Fixing them after a sweet crash, is just as easy. No more trashing VTXs just because a little connector is broken!
A microphone AND Audio Control?! Yeah, we did it. And yeah, it works great! Enjoy!
Clean Video & 5V Out
The Mach 3 comes with an onboard 5v regulator to power your camera. It also comes with strong onboard filtering to give you some seriously clean video! If your video is not perfect, please contact us and we will work with you on a case-by-case basis to see what is causing issues on your build!