After a long wait, the UndergroundFPV Nirvana radios have been shipping. I was very interested in this radio and had one pre-ordered, until I heard it was limited to 100mw with TBS Crossfire. For many people, this will not be a deal killer. Here’s some info from the UndergroundFPV website as well as some early opinions from other pilots.
Dark Knight….. Now officially the Nirvana, has been in the making for over 1 and a half years. It consisted of an international Team of Designers, Engineers, 3D Modelers, Suits, Free Thinkers, Rockers, Ravers, Dubsters, Tinkerers, Kids, Oldies and even some South Africans for good measure but most importantly FPV Enthusiasts
It was a culmination of these minds that lead to the ultimate end Goal “Nirvana”
- Hall Sensor Gimbals
- Module Bay Compatible – (Crossfire Compatible)
- Open Tx
- Crossfire Ready (Nano & Full)
- 14 Channel
- Trim tabs for planes and other craft that require it
- Color Touch Screen Display
- CNC Accents
- Customizable (3D printable individual finger holds/grips)
- 2 FREE Receivers: Micro IA8X and IA8S (for <3″) & Telemetry (for >5″)
- Native Protocol **AFHDS2-A & **AFHDS3 compatible through the module at a later date” **Auto Frequency Hopping Digital System
- 18650 batteries not included
- USB charging (cable included)
- True trainer mode allowing you to link two Nirvana’s together for full training systems. (Cable included)
- Plug and play into Sims with a USB into your MAC or PC with a standard USB cable.
- Protective shell for “pack ‘n go” protection of switches and gimbals.
- Includes neck strap hook
The modular system allows personal customization of the finger grips and various other parts.
Soon, UndergroundFPV will be loading up different printable options onto Thingiverse, that will allow limitless combinations of hand grips and finger pushers, neck strap holders and much much more.
Twin RF systems allow you to swap between models, remembering if you’re on crossfire or the internal RF as you pick and choose your model.
Hot-swap battery system – truly allows you to hot swap out your batteries one at a time if you’re running low on one of those epic long-range missions.
When it comes to wanting a slim radio, just remove the module bay, and you have an ultra slim radio that slips straight into your backpack without extra cases.
3D Print Files